The ZipGrow vertical growing technology is ideal to learn how to grow food. It is easy to use, built to last, and takes up very little space. The Classroom Kit comes with everything you need to grow leafy greens and herbs for 6 months. All you need to do is choose how many towers you want, whether you want it mounted on the wall or on a mobile cart and then find an area in your classroom to park your new indoor garden.
The Classroom kit features:
- 2, 4, or 8 Vertical Towers
- Nutrient Reservoir & Sump Tank
- Irrigation and Lighting for Stand and seedling station
- 6 Months of supplies
- First crop of seedlings FREE
- Ideal for all ages and all physical abilities
- Access to digital manuals and references
- $3+/month to operate
The kit is compact, and because it is designed to grow leafy greens and herbs, it uses very small, high efficient grow lights that won’t get hot or fill the room with light.
A single 5′ ZipGrow tower can grow up to 10 plants at a time. The process starts by germinating seeds inside little organic growing pellets that you can store on a shelf or on a table top. When the seedlings are mature enough they are transplanted into the ZipGrow tower.
- Seedlings take roughly 14-21 days to get big enough to transplant.
- Most leafy greens and herbs can be harvested within 5-6 after transplanting.
- We provide the first batch of seedlings so you can start growing right away.
For additional ease of use, we highly recommend upgrading the stand to have casters so that you and your students can easily move the vertical garden when needed.
The Classroom Kit comes with 5 weeks of support and training to ensure that your project is successful. If you require additional support, service plans are available.